August 1, 2017
7 Things I Love About Mount Joy
Posted by: Nancy Skee
A couple days ago I was bidding safe travels to Jennifer and Mark who had stayed with us for several days. Jennifer commented, "We've stayed at B&Bs before, but they were always out in the country. I just didn't know how this would be in the middle of a little town, but I LOVED it! We'll be back!" They loved that they could walk to restaurants. They loved that they could enjoy the pool, and that the Inn had lots of little places outdoors to sit and hang out. They loved that the town had sponsored a car show. They loved that everything was so close, but that the Inn was like their private oasis. This place feels like the little town of Griffith where I grew up. People ask me what they should see while they're in Mount Joy. There's nothing to see and there's everything to see, but next time you're here, take in these tiny treasures that make Mount Joy, well...Mount Joy.
- Have dinner across the street on the patio at Rosie's. Order Rosie's Petals (you know that's my favorite drink), listen to some live music on a Friday night and enjoy a great meal.
- Press the button on the signal at the corner of Main and Barbara to be admonished to "Wait! Waaaaaaaait!" I'll probably get in trouble with Mayor Bradley when everyone starts jacking up traffic by pushing these buttons, but I foolishly get tickled every time I hear it. You'll never want to jaywalk again.
- Walk down to Sloan's Pharmacy on Main Street. It's a tiny drug store that has gifts, cards, band aids, medicine, candy, and always at least one item of anything you might need.
- Go hang out at Bube's Biergarten. You all know about the Catacombs, but did you know that they have a little oasis tucked away in the back where you can enjoy a cold beverage and a bite to eat? Now you do!
- Enjoy some walking and biking. Placed on our side porch by a local walking club, you'll see a container marked "Walk Box." Inside you'll find maps and directions for walks and rides around town that go anywhere from 6k to 27k and include parks and covered bridges. These maps are available to all of our Inn guests!
- Visit Second Chances Thrift Shop on a Friday afternoon or Saturday morning (right down the street) or take a quick drive to Mount Joy Gift and Thrift Monday - Saturday. If you're a treasure hunter, you'll have fun at these place.
- Don't miss this treasure, right in your "own backyard" when you're staying with us. Did I ever tell you how much I love our back garden at the Inn and this old vintage metal chair at the end of this tiny path? This area changes with the seasons and I never get tired of walking in the garden.
What are some of your favorite things in Mount Joy and Olde Square Inn? It's time to come out and enjoy!