Mark Your Calendars!
2019/20 Upcoming Events
These are just of few of the events to look forward to during your stay with us.
24 - 28 - 101st Annual Ephrata Street Fair - Largest in Pennsylvania
27 - Blues, Brews & Barbecues. Downtown Mount Joy
5 - Annual Bridge Bust. Columbia/Wrightsville Bridge
12 & 13 Burning Bridge Antiques Open House
18 & 19 - Chef’s Kitchen. Hands-on dinner event with Chef Ann. Olde Square Inn. Advanced registration and booking required.
1 & 2 - Murder Mystery. Olde Square Inn (Reservation required)
23 - Shop Small, Support Small Businesses
7 - 22nd Annual Winterfest - Downtown Mount Joy.
7 & 8 - Belsnickle Tour. Olde Square Inn & Lancaster County (Reservation required)
24 & 25 - 2nd Annual Festival of the Arts. A 4th Friday event.
21 & 22 – Chocolate Walk and Wine Tasting. A 4th Friday event. Purchase tickets in advance.
6 & 7 – Murder Mystery Dinner Theater. Olde Square Inn. Advanced registration and booking required.
Antiques, Shops & Outlets
Around Lancaster County you can shop-til-you-drop, or casually peruse shops to select that perfect memento to remember your trip. So many places to check out within an easy drive. With only a fifteen-minute drive, you’ll find yourself in Columbia, a town fast becoming known as Lancaster County’s new antique capital. Many of the interesting items around Olde Square Inn were found at Burning Bridge!
- Bearly Used Boutique
- Crafter Hours
- Gehman's Furniture & Interiors
- Mayita's Boutique
- Mount Joy Gift and Thrift
- Moyer's Furniture New and Used
- Room with A View
- Sloan's Pharmacy
Adamstown (35 min.):
Columbia (15 min.):
- Bootleg Antiques
- Burning Bridge Antiques (Voted #1 in Lancaster County!)
- Hazel's House Antiques
- Partners and Friends
- Rivertown Antique Center
- Tollbooth Antique Market
Intercourse (29 min.):
Lititz Downtown (22 min.):
- Vine and the Branches
- The Curiosity Shoppe
- Heavenly Soaps and Scents
- Main Street Peddler
- Matthew 25 Thrift Shop
- Sturgis Pretzel
- WIlbur Chocolate
- Sum Anker Alley Shoppes
Lancaster Downtown (20 min.):
Many, many unique entrepreneur-owned shops populate downtown Lancaster up and down Prince and Queen Streets. These are just a few of the interesting places you’ll find.
- Commonwealth on Queen
- Art & Glassworks
- The Scarlet Willow
- j.a. sharp Jewelers
- Radel & Stauffer
- Building Character
- Uptown Antiques
Lancaster Outlets and Mall (22 min.)
Touting not only fresh-from-the far fruits and vegetables, Lancaster County farmers markets also offer a selection of meats, cheeses, baked goods and even local crafts and unique gift items.
Bird-in-Hand (25 min.)
Ephrata (32 min.)
Lancaster (20 min.)
Manheim (12 min.)
- Roots Market (Open Tues.)
Quilts and Fabrics
These beautiful hand-made quilts are used by many not just as gifts or to keep warm on a cool night, but are also a part of an Amish or Mennonite dowry. Lancaster County quilts are considered collectable works of art.
Bird-in-Hand (24 min.)
- Bird-in-Hand Antique Market
- Bird-in-Hand Farmers Market
- Creative Home Shoppe 2710 – Olde Philadelphia Pike – (717) 393-1555
- Fisher’s Handmade Quilts – 2713A Old Phila. Pike – (717) 392-5440
- Glick’s Craft Shop – 333 Monterey Rd. – (717) 656-8755
Denver (43 min.):
Intercourse (28 min.):
Whether you want to grab a quick bite or relax with a sumptuous meal and glass of wine, you’ll have a wide variety of fine restaurants from which to choose.Many are within walking distance of Olde Square Inn! Here are some favorites.
- Beanie’s Pub
- Bube’s Brewery Dining & Pub
- Country Table Family Style
- Gus’s Keystone Family Restaurant American Greek
- Harvey’s Barbecue Ribs, Chicken, Pork, & Sandwiches
- Higher Grounds Café Coffee & Light Fare
- Joy’s Tavern Pub
- Mick’s All-American Pub
- Mosby’s Restaurant & Pub
- Pies Galore & More Bakery & Cafe
- Rosie’s Tavola Italian
- Tres Hermanos Mexican Grill Casual
- Watering Trough Restaurant & Pub
Mount Joy Darrencamp’s Shopping Ctr.
Mount Joy Giant Shopping Center
- DiMaria’s Pizza & Italian Kitchen Italian
- Duncan Donuts Coffee and Donuts
- Fiesta Burrito
- Rita’s Italian Ice Soft Serve and Ices
- Subway Sandwiches
Columbia (17 min.)
Lancaster Area (16 min.)
Lancaster Downtown (22 min)
- Aussie and the Fox Australian American
- Annie Bailey’s Irish Pub
- Belvedere American
- Carr’s Contemporary American
- Checker’s Bistro French American
- John J. Jefferies Organic Fine Dining
- Pressroom American
- Rachel’s Café & Crepery Casual
- Sukhothai Thai
- Tellus 360 Irish Pub with live music
Wrightsville (17 min.)
Theaters, Shows & Music
Whether you’re looking for traditional theater and musicals or off-the-cuff concerts and shows, area venues offer a wide variety of choices. What a great way to relax with family and friends!
Bird-in-Hand (26 min.)
Lancaster (17 min.)
- American Music Theater 23 min.
- Dutch Apple Dinner Theater
- Fulton Opera House
- Lancaster Symphony
- Longs Park Amphitheater
Mount Gretna (22 min.)
Manheim (20 min.)
Paradise (30 min.)
Ronks (30 min.)
With a visit one of our wineries you can find yourself sampling vineyard specialties, enjoying a personalized tour, indulging in local cuisine, or relaxing at an evening concert.
Mount Joy (9 min.)
Bird-in-Hand (22 min.)
Manheim (14 min.)
Middletown (19 min.)
THIS WEEK IN LANCASTER COUNTY – In addition to the restaurants, shops, and attractions listed above, click here to find what’s being featured in Lancaster County this week!
Murder Mystery Weekend
MURDER AT THE DEADWOOD SALOON!
MURDER MYSTERY WEEKEND - November 1 & 2
This weekend is blocked off on our reservations calendar, so call 717.653.4525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your room.
Ticket prices include a Friday evening Meet and Mingle with Bites and Drinks, a Saturday evening party which includes a catered dinner, dessert, drinks, and prizes.
Tickets are $75 pp/ $140 couple and are in addition to the cost of your room
- Light hors 'd oeuvres and Deadwood Drink
- Background/Q&A on how the game is played.
- Dinner on your own
- Serving breakfast in the dining room.
- You have the day to yourselves to explore beautiful Lancaster County. If you need some ideas, we’ll help you out at breakfast.
- Guests arrive. Start with Saloon eats and Deadwood Drinks!. When you arrive you’ll receive objectives that you’ll need to complete as you mingle during our catered dinner.
- Chat with your fellow mystery-goers during a fantastic Old West Dinner Buffet to discover their personalities and characters before somebody takes a hit (it could be you!!). Spend your Murder Mystery Bucks to bribe other partiers for clues.
- After the murder, complete your second set of objectives and check the evidence given by the Private Investigator. Use the information you’ve gathered to determine the killer!
- Prizes will be awarded for:
Dressed to Kill (Best Dressed)
Drama Queen (For male or female Best Character Portrayal)
Smoking Gun Award (You Named the Killer!)
Moneybags (Most $$ at the End of the Evening)
Sunday – Did you move your clock back last night?
- Breakfast in the dining room.
- Like us on Facebook and review us on TripAdvisor.