Mark Your Calendars!
2019 Upcoming Events
These are just of few of the events to look forward to during your stay with us!
24 & 25 - Festival of the Arts. Downtown Mount Joy
15 & 16 - Fire and Ice. Lititz
22 & 23 - Chocolate Walk & Wine Tasting. Downtown Mount Joy (Tickets)
8 & 9 - "Cruising For A Murder " Murder Mystery. Olde Square Inn (Resevation required)
27 - 30 - AQS Quilt Week. Lancaster Convention Center
26 & 27 - Icy Spicy - Hot Food & Cold Drinks. Downtown Mount Joy
25 - Memorial Day Parade. Downtown Mount Joy
26 - Summer Kick-Off Pool & Porch Party. Olde Square Inn (Reservation required)
2 - 8.25 - Outdoor Summer Music Series. Long's Park, Lancaster
27 - Cruisin' Cuisine Car Show. Downtown Mount Joy
10 - "The Big One!" Arts & Crafts Show. Lititz
30 thru 9/1 - Longs Park Art Show - Top 50 in the US. Lancaster
24 - 28 - 101st Annual Ephrata Street Fair - Largest in Pennsylvania
27 - Blues, Brews & Barbecues. Downtown Mount Joy
5 - Annual Bridge Bust. Columbia/Wrightsville Bridge
1 & 2 - Murder Mystery. Olde Square Inn (Reservation required)
23 - Shop Small, Support Small Businesses
7 - 22nd Annual Winterfest - Downtown Mount Joy.
7 & 8 - Belsnickle Tour. Olde Square Inn & Lancaster County (Reservation required)
31 - New Year's Eve Event. Olde Square Inn (Reservation required)
Antiques, Shops & Outlets
Around Lancaster County you can shop-til-you-drop, or casually peruse shops to select that perfect memento to remember your trip. So many places to check out within an easy drive. With only a fifteen-minute drive, you’ll find yourself in Columbia, a town fast becoming known as Lancaster County’s new antique capital. Many of the interesting items around Olde Square Inn were found at Burning Bridge!
- Bearly Used Boutique
- Crafter Hours
- Gehman's Furniture & Interiors
- Mayita's Boutique
- Mount Joy Gift and Thrift
- Moyer's Furniture New and Used
- Room with A View
- Sloan's Pharmacy
Adamstown (35 min.):
Columbia (15 min.):
- Bootleg Antiques
- Burning Bridge Antiques (Voted #1 in Lancaster County!)
- Hazel's House Antiques
- Partners and Friends
- Rivertown Antique Center
- Tollbooth Antique Market
Intercourse (29 min.):
Lititz Downtown (22 min.):
- Vine and the Branches
- The Curiosity Shoppe
- Heavenly Soaps and Scents
- Main Street Peddler
- Matthew 25 Thrift Shop
- Sturgis Pretzel
- WIlbur Chocolate
- Sum Anker Alley Shoppes
Lancaster Downtown (20 min.):
Many, many unique entrepreneur-owned shops populate downtown Lancaster up and down Prince and Queen Streets. These are just a few of the interesting places you’ll find.
- Commonwealth on Queen
- Art & Glassworks
- The Scarlet Willow
- j.a. sharp Jewelers
- Radel & Stauffer
- Building Character
- Uptown Antiques
Lancaster Outlets and Mall (22 min.)
Touting not only fresh-from-the far fruits and vegetables, Lancaster County farmers markets also offer a selection of meats, cheeses, baked goods and even local crafts and unique gift items.
Bird-in-Hand (25 min.)
Ephrata (32 min.)
Lancaster (20 min.)
Manheim (12 min.)
- Roots Market (Open Tues.)
Quilts and Fabrics
These beautiful hand-made quilts are used by many not just as gifts or to keep warm on a cool night, but are also a part of an Amish or Mennonite dowry. Lancaster County quilts are considered collectable works of art.
Bird-in-Hand (24 min.)
- Bird-in-Hand Antique Market
- Bird-in-Hand Farmers Market
- Creative Home Shoppe 2710 – Olde Philadelphia Pike – (717) 393-1555
- Fisher’s Handmade Quilts – 2713A Old Phila. Pike – (717) 392-5440
- Glick’s Craft Shop – 333 Monterey Rd. – (717) 656-8755
Denver (43 min.):
Intercourse (28 min.):
Whether you want to grab a quick bite or relax with a sumptuous meal and glass of wine, you’ll have a wide variety of fine restaurants from which to choose.Many are within walking distance of Olde Square Inn! Here are some favorites.
- Beanie’s Pub
- Bube’s Brewery Dining & Pub
- Country Table Family Style
- Gus’s Keystone Family Restaurant American Greek
- Harvey’s Barbecue Ribs, Chicken, Pork, & Sandwiches
- Higher Grounds Café Coffee & Light Fare
- Joy’s Tavern Pub
- Mick’s All-American Pub
- Mosby’s Restaurant & Pub
- Pies Galore & More Bakery & Cafe
- Rosie’s Tavola Italian
- Tres Hermanos Mexican Grill Casual
- Watering Trough Restaurant & Pub
Mount Joy Darrencamp’s Shopping Ctr.
Mount Joy Giant Shopping Center
- DiMaria’s Pizza & Italian Kitchen Italian
- Duncan Donuts Coffee and Donuts
- Fiesta Burrito
- Rita’s Italian Ice Soft Serve and Ices
- Subway Sandwiches
Columbia (17 min.)
Lancaster Area (16 min.)
Lancaster Downtown (22 min)
- Aussie and the Fox Australian American
- Annie Bailey’s Irish Pub
- Belvedere American
- Carr’s Contemporary American
- Checker’s Bistro French American
- John J. Jefferies Organic Fine Dining
- Pressroom American
- Rachel’s Café & Crepery Casual
- Sukhothai Thai
- Tellus 360 Irish Pub with live music
Wrightsville (17 min.)
Theaters, Shows & Music
Whether you’re looking for traditional theater and musicals or off-the-cuff concerts and shows, area venues offer a wide variety of choices. What a great way to relax with family and friends!
Bird-in-Hand (26 min.)
Lancaster (17 min.)
- American Music Theater 23 min.
- Dutch Apple Dinner Theater
- Fulton Opera House
- Lancaster Symphony
- Longs Park Amphitheater
Mount Gretna (22 min.)
Manheim (20 min.)
Paradise (30 min.)
Ronks (30 min.)
With a visit one of our wineries you can find yourself sampling vineyard specialties, enjoying a personalized tour, indulging in local cuisine, or relaxing at an evening concert.
Mount Joy (9 min.)
Bird-in-Hand (22 min.)
Manheim (14 min.)
Middletown (19 min.)
THIS WEEK IN LANCASTER COUNTY – In addition to the restaurants, shops, and attractions listed above, click here to find what’s being featured in Lancaster County this week!
Murder Mystery Weekend
Cruising for a Murder
MURDER MYSTERY ITINERARY
November 1 & 2
· Light buffet and wine
· Background/Q&A on how the game is played.
· Serving breakfast in the dining room.
· You have the day to yourselves to explore beautiful Lancaster County. If you need some ideas, we’ll help you out at breakfast.
· Guests arrive. Hors d’eouvres and wine. When you arrive you’ll receive objectives that you’ll need to complete as you mingle during our catered dinner.
· Chat with your fellow mystery-goers during a delicious catered dinner to discover their personalities and characters before somebody takes a hit (it could be you!!). Spend your Murder Mystery Bucks to bribe other partiers for clues.
· After the murder, complete your second set of objectives and check the evidence given by the Private Investigator. Use the information you’ve gathered to determine the killer!
· Prizes will be awarded for:
Dressed to Kill (Best Dressed)
Drama Queen (For male or female Best Character Portrayal)
Smoking Gun Award (You Named the Killer!)
Moneybags (Most $$ at the End of the Evening)
Sunday – Did you move your clock back last night?
· Breakfast in the dining room.
· Like us on Facebook and review us on TripAdvisor.