June 30, 2018
Ham and Cheese Sliders - Recipe
Posted by: Nancy Skee
I love serving these little ham and cheese sliders or our summer picnic breakfast. We serve them with deviled eggs, pan potatoes and sour cream, and tomato skewers. It's such a refreshing surprise.
I made a couple batches of these for our Second Annual Family Reunion and they were gone in a flash. And you can do them up ahead of time and pop them in the oven about 15 minutes before you're ready to bring them out.
- 3/4 c. melted butter
- 1 1/2 T Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 T poppy seeds
- 1 T dried minced onions
- 24 mini sandwich rolls (I like the potato rolls!)
- 1# thinly sliced ham
- 1# sliced American cheese
- Preheat oven to375. Grease a 9 x 13" baking dish. (I wrap mine in foil and put it on a cookie sheet.)
- Mix together the first five ingredients.
- Cut apart the tops from the bottoms of the rolls, kinda like one big loaf.Put the bottoms in the prepared baking dish or on aluminum foil.
- Slather with the mustard mixture.
- Layer about half the ham onto the roll, arrange the cheese over the ham, the finish of with the rest of the ham.
- Put the tops on the rolls.
- Slather or pour the rest of the buttery mustard mixture over the rolls.
- Cover with foil and bake 15 - 20 minutes. You can bake them uncovered if you like a crispier top. I don't. I like them all soft and delicious where you just want to lick the butter off of them.
- Slice into individual rolls through the ham and cheese layers to serve.
Are you ready? Go for it!