Posted by: Nancy Skee
I’LL BET YOU’VE NEVER:
1. Experienced the best spots for viewing migrating waterfowl. For a mere $4.00 per person, Middle Creek Wildlife Management Naturalist Mary Ann Schlegel will take you on a hike and show you choicest areas for seeing these creatures. Don’t forget binoculars. March 2.
2. Ridden over covered bridges built in the 1800s on a 50cc scooter. Explore over 35 miles of historic Pennsylvania with an experienced guide for great views of Amish farms, old schoolhouses, the Lancaster countryside, and of course, covered bridges. Ongoing.
3. Attended a wine and cheese concert. A conductor, a sommelier and a cheese monger walk into the Ware Center in downtown Lancaster. The cheese monger says to his friends, “We’re gonna have a really Gouda time!” Hosted by Allegro Orchestra of Lancaster, with every piece of music there’s a new paring of wine and cheese. March 9.
4. Seen Jesus in person. It’s a miraculous journey with the most famous person to ever walk the earth! It’s the greatest rescue story of all time! It’s another fabulous production brought to you by Sight and Sound Theater! Now through Jan. 2019.
5. Been Invited to Aunt Lizzy’s Parlor. It’s Quilt Week at the Convention Center in Lancaster. Creating Aunt Lizzy’s Parlor in a workshop is one of about a million things you can experience if you’re jonesin’ for all things Quilt. March 21 – 24.
6. Sat on the first flush toilet in Mount Joy. A man ahead (Haha! Get it? A head?!) of his time, Alois Bube had this modern convenience installed in 1879. Bube’s Brewery is the only 1800s Lager Era brewery in the US that is almost completely intact. Ask for a free tour of the catacombs, and while you’re there, have dinner and a brew. Ongoing.
7. Received money for staying at a Bed and Breakfast. It’s our own March Madness! Book at Olde Square Inn Friday, March 2, and receive $20 in Mount Joy Money to spend in area restaurants and stores. Book both Friday and Saturday, March 2 & 3, and receive $50 in MJ$. Use promotional code: MARCH. Book now. March 2 – 3.
Let me know how many of these you knock of your list. See you in March!