March 2, 2019
Raspberry Buttercream Icing Recipe
Posted by: Nancy Skee
I went to a cooking class on macarons with my lovely daughter, daughter-in-law, and grandchild, where, among other things, they showed us how to make was Raspberry Buttercream Icing. I knew I had to try it out, and it is delicious - especially on anything chocolate.
What makes it so yummy is that fresh, tangy taste of the raspberry. It makes me think of spring.
To keep the consistency of the icing, the recipe we had called for raspberry powder, something that costs about a million dollars a pound. The chef's trick was to purchase freeze-dried raspberries - available at Target at an extremely reasonable price (like $3.79) - and crush them to a powder using a rolling pin and a plastic zip bag.
If you like raspberries, try this at home:
Raspberry Buttercream Icing
- 1 stick (1/2 c.) of softened butter
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 - 4 T powdered freeze-dried raspberries
- 2 - 4 T milk
- Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in raspberry powder. Start with 2 T and increase for your taste.
- Beat in 2 - 4 T of milk until you reach the spreadable consistency you like.
That's it! Depending on how heavy you like the icing on your cupcakes, this will do about 12. Enjoy that buttery, raspberry goodness on the chocolate of your choice!