October 31, 2017
Organizing Your Holidays? Check Our Calendar of Holiday Events.
Posted by: Nancy Skee
I love the holidays and everything that comes with it. l like all the holiday busy-ness, all the holiday food, all the gifts, all the craft shows, all the holiday decorations, all the music, all the holiday tours.....all the everything. It's holiday overload. A long time ago I decided that even if I wanted it all, I didn't have time to have it all. Now I pick and choose: bake homemade and buy pre-made, shop online and venture out, welcome family and friends and schedule a quick retreat. It's no fun when you've used up your reserve. Here's a little peek at what's going on this November and December.
- 4. Full Moon Tour. Enjoy wolves and campfires at the Wolf Sanctuary.
- 4 - 5. Greek Food Bazaar. Great food and crafts at Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church.
- 4, 11, 18. Wine and Cheese Train. Love trains? And wine? And cheese? Your first class ticket gets it all at Strasburg Railroad.
- 10 - 11. Elizabethtown Heritage Craft Show. Handcrafted items to benefit the Heritage House Museum.
- 10 - 30. Christmas Candylane at Hershey Park. Holiday rides, entertainment, and even Santa and his reindeer.
- 11. Pub Crawl downtown Mount Joy. Buses run 7pm - 1am Hennigan's, Watering Trough, Beanie's, Joy's, Rosie's, Bube’s and Mosby’s. Book the Inn and you don't have far to crawl.
- 14 - 30. A Christmas Story at the Fulton Theater in Lancaster. Who doesn't love a leg lamp?
- 16 - 30. White Christmas at Dutch Apple Dinner Theater.
- 18 - 19. Taste! Lancaster. Food, wine and spirits at the Convention Center Downtown Lancaster.
- 24 - 26. Holidays at Mount Hope. Stroll about Mount Hope Mansion, enjoying the decorated rooms and a variety of events and activities.
- 25. Small Business Saturday. Call, stop in, or shop on line for some great gifts from Olde Square Inn. Don't you love our Comphy sheets?!
- Nov 30 - Dec 9. 12 Shops of Christmas Tour. A self-guided tour to fun, out-of the-way shops with gifts and treats.
- 1 - 2. Intercourse Village Holiday Celebration. So many fun events out in Amish Country, along with their annual open house.
- 1 - 23. The Nutcracker. A wonderful Christmas tradition at the Fulton Theater in downtown Lancaster.
- 1 - 30. White Christmas continues at Dutch Apple Dinner Theater.
- 1 - 31. A Christmas Story continues this month at the Fulton Theater.
- 1 - 31. National Christmas Center. Your last chance to visit this cool attraction before it closes early January. (Get free admission with your Belsnickle tour ticket! See below.)
- 1 - Jan 1. Christmas Candylane at Hershey Park continues. Holiday rides, entertainment, and even Santa and his reindeer.
- 2 - 3. Find Your Belsnickle Tour. Visit 17 local Bed and Breakfast Inns decked out for the holiday and enjoy treats and win prizes. (We're on the tour! It's going to be a blast!) When you reserve your room with us for this weekend, you'll receive one free ticket for the tour - a $20 value. Please request at time of booking. Tickets are limited.
- 3. Marietta Candlelight Tour of Homes. A great thing to do after your Belsnickle tour!
- 8. Christmas Candlelight Tour of John Meuller House in Lititz. See how Christmas was celebrated centuries ago.
- 8 - 9. Christmas Folk Art Show at Manheim Railroad Museum. 717-584-5567.
This is just a mere sampling of wonderful things to do in Lancaster County for the holidays!! You can get even more information at Discover Lancaster. Did you also know that during your visit with us, we can often arrange for you to have dinner with an Amish family? You'll sit at the family's kitchen table along with other guests and enjoy an Amish meal prepared by Sarah or Rebecca. Tour their farm, ask questions about their lifestyle, and make some new friends! It's a genuine Lancaster County experience. As we get into this busy season, it's easy to get overwhelmed. Just remember to be thankful and to do good, and as they recommend when an aircraft is in distress - put on your own oxygen mask first. Take a little time for yourself so you can be a blessing to others. Give me a call; I'd love to help you make your holidays peaceful and happy.