June 29, 2017
July Calendar of Events
Posted by: Nancy Skee
- July 2. Longs Park Fireworks and Patriotic Band. The best. Pack a picnic and a blanket and find your spot on the lawn for great free concerts every summer Sunday in the park. Admission is free.
- July 4. Lititz Springs Park Festival and Fireworks. This is Lititz's 200 year anniversary celebration, and it's the second to last year they will be doing fireworks. Yes, that's it folks, so come on out and enjoy the show!
- July 2 - 4. Star Barn Raising Festival. Always loved this beautiful 1877 Barn. It was a landmark for us as we drove to and from our family in Indiana. It was our beacon to let us know we were almost home! It has been saved from destruction is being resurrected in Elizabeth town. They're holding a big festival to kick it off and your price of admission get you a great day's worth of entertainment.
- July 7. Hops and Clocks is the National Clock and Watch Museum's tenth annual beer tasting event. In Columbia, just 12 short minutes from the Inn. I wanna say "Who cares what time it is?!" but being a clock museum, they probably do! 6-9pm.
- July 21. American Music Theater is offering a Vegas-type show with a reception beforehand for one low price. Corks and Candies is music, dance, and magic preceded by chocolates, wine, beer, hors d'ouvres. I'll have that!
- Now - July 23. Don't miss Newsies at the Fulton Opera House in downtown Lancaster. My teacher friends and I (retired and otherwise) celebrate the end of the school year with a Fulton show and dinner at Annie Bailey's. I missed this year's, but everyone is saying that this show is fabulous. Be sure to get tickets ahead of time.
- July 7, 14, 21, 28. How great can a Friday night be? This great: Wine by the Vine is an evening of music and tasty foods and wine in the beautiful Vineyard at Grandview near Mount Joy.
- July 8, 15, 21, 28. How great can a Saturday night be? This great: Nissley Lawn Concerts offers music and wine. Bring a blanket or lawn chairs and pack a picnic.
- July 21 - 23. Fiber Arts Workshops. You can learn to spin, dye, weave, and do all kinds of other things with fabrics when you register to attend one of these 40 workshops by the MidAtlantic Fiber Association hosted in Millersville. Or, you could just go out there and shop one of the 30 vendors. Fun!
- July 28. Our own Mount Joy is holding it's Fourth Friday event with Cruising' Cuisine. You get to look at cool cars, eat good food, sip a few beverages, do some shopping. Sound like a pretty good time! And if you attend the show, you get 10% off your stay when you directly book your stay with us. That's some great cruisin'.
- July 28 - 29. Farm to Fork Fondo. If you're a bike rider this could be the getaway event for you. You ride around to different farms, get to have dinner at one of them, can enter bike giveaways, hit some challenging routes, and attend a festival after the rides among other activities. Check out the plans.
- July 29. Rain or shine, it's Lititz Spring Park's 51st annual Outdoor Fine Art Show. I know you're looking for something great to put over the fireplace. Admission is free!