August 23, 2017
How to Make Egg Tarts (Tomato Basil and others!) - Video Recipe
Posted by: Nancy Skee
I love this easy breakfast recipe because:
- You can make a bunch or a few.
- You can change out the ingredients as you like.
- You can reheat them in the microwave for lunch the next day.
- They are delicious!
Tomato Basil Egg Tarts (makes 12)
- 6 eggs
- 1 c. chopped, seeded tomatoes (Don't use all the juicy parts - it makes it too soggy)
- 1/2 c. chopped basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1/2 to 3/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese (Start with a half and more next time if you want)
- 1/2 c. crumbled feta
- 1/2 c. milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter or spray two 6-cavity Wilton silicone muffin pans, Place pans on a cookie sheet for easy handling since they're really bendy.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Use a small scoop (I like to grab my 1/4 c. measure) to evenly fill all 12 spaces.
- Bake for 25 minutes. That's it! The whole thing!
Tips You can change this recipe around if you don't like tomatoes and basil. Just put in about 1 - 1/4 c. chopped veggies of your choice and about 1 - 1/4 c. of shredded cheese of your choice. Go for a semi-hard cheese and stay away from the really soft ones like mozzarella for best results. You can also change out the 1/2 c. of milk to 1/2 c. of sour cream or Helluva Onion Dip (my personal secret weapon, useful in so many recipes!). The silicone pans work so much better than regular muffin pans no matter how much you butter them. They bake more evenly, don't burn, and they pop right out of the pans. Invest in a couple.