November 29, 2016
Fun Holiday Weekend Events
Posted by: Nancy Skee
Did you have a fun Thanksgiving weekend?
Hope so! Out here in beautiful Lancaster County, the Inn was filled with great people all week who were out visiting family and friends for food, holiday shopping and just getting together. But wait, there's more!
We're getting ready for the holiday season at Olde Square Inn! Isn't it great that this awesome season is upon us? I love the decorating and the preparing and the cooking and the get-togethering - any day is is great for a quick party or something fun and festive.
Look what you can do for our first holiday weekend on the cheap or for free:
1. Mount Joy Winterfest December 3, from 4-7 pm. Have dinner at one of our great downtown restaurants, enjoy live music, family activities and even pet a reindeer or visit Santa. Finish the evening with the tree lighting ceremony and caroling. Other than purchasing your dinner, it's free!
2. Crafter Hours is offering a first-come, first-serve event to make your own snow globe ornament until it's sold out. You can RSVP on the website to save your spot. The shop is just across the corner from the Inn and you can visit for a little bit of warmth and a whole lot of fun for this family friendly activity. Owner Karen will have all the supplies for you - for $5 each this is a no-brainer.
3. Hershey Sweet Lights offers two miles of beautiful Christmas lights that you can enjoy no matter what your religious practice might be. For a carload of people it's about $19 and beats the price of a movie any day. They also sell tickets to visit Hershey Christmas Candylane and Dutch Wonderland which is great for the little ones.
4. American Music Theater has begun their 2016 Christmas Show, and they have matinees on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 3pm and an evening show on Saturday at 7pm. All of our Inn guests who have attended have loved this show, and because it's near Rockvale Outlets, they snuck in some Christmas shopping beforehand! Be sure you call in advance for your tickets.
5. Sit in front of the fire at Olde Square Inn and do your Christmas cards. Friends Brenda and Judy come out for a couple of days to get away from their jobs and just take a little time to regroup, address their cards and go through our Lancaster County Best Kept Secrets Christmas Tour. It's a fun thing where for only $9 you get a list of 12 shops and 2 restaurants that are off the beaten path. When you visit each place you get a little treat and a chance to win a prize in addition to visiting some great shops. By the way, my friends had to cancel their reservation because Judy broke her ankle. So sad for Judy, but that means we have a spot for you. You can book today - just tell me you want Judy's room. (Sorry Judy. I'll have it ready for you when you're better.)
I know a lot of people get jacked up over holiday events about what they're going to buy and what they're going to do, and how they have to talk to relatives they're kind of mad at, but don't forget that God's always got your back. Don't even worry about it, my friend. As they say, if He takes you to it, He'll take you through it, so don't sweat. Relax and enjoy all of these great gifts and experiences that are open to you. Merry start of the Christmas season. Love of love to all of you this holiday.