December 26, 2018
Belsnickle Cookie Recipe 2018
Posted by: Nancy Skee
Have you tried our Belsnickle Christmas cookie?
If you've been on the Authentic Bed and Breakfast Christmas Belsnickle Tour, you know that in addition to seeing all of the inns decorated for Christmas, you also get to try a lot of different cookies. Plus you get to walk away with a set of matching recipe cards. So fun.
We like to serve our Belsnickle cookie at the Inn for a limited time after the tour, so if you didn't make it for the event, you still get to sample the year's special treat. We've had so many requests for the recipe that I thought the best thing to do would be to have print it up so you can get to it any time.
I always thing that since it has oatmeal in it, it HAS to be healthy for you, right? So, here is the recipe for our crispy, buttery, delicious Oatmeal Shorbread aka Crispy Oatmeal Crescents.
Ingredients Yield: 4 doz.
- 1 c. butter
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 &1/2c. flour
- 1 & 1/2 c. uncooked quick oats
- Beat together butter, vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Slowly mix in flour then oat. Dough will be stiff.
- Divide dough into four equal portions. From each portion shape 12 crescents.
- Place on parchment paper on ungreased cookie sheet. The dough will not spread so you can put them close together.
- Bake 25-30 minutes in a preheated 325 oven. Cool completely before glazing.
- Dip cooled cookies in a thin glaze made of 1 & 1/2 c. powdered sugar, 1 t. vanilla, and 2-3 T milk..
- Let dry completely, then store in a loosely covered container.
We're always looking for new recipes. Do you have a favorite to share?
Every year we like to offer a new taste on the Belsnickle tour. Do you have a favorite cookie recipe we might be able to feature for Christmas? If you can divulge the family secrets (recipe, not laundry haha), drop me a line. We start searching early for next year. We'll even name it after you!