May 30, 2017
Are You Ready? Summer Is Exploding With Great Things To Do!
Posted by: Nancy Skee
I don't even know where to start with this summer list!! There are so many awesome places to see and things to do, that I know you're going to have a difficult time choosing. That's okay, though - you've worked hard and it's time for a break. Pull out your calendars because I know you're going to want to put several of these in your planner. It's time to live a little!
- June 3 - National Trails Day Celebration in Columbia from 10 am-3 pm. Free event where you can walk, hike, paddle, or ride along the trail and enjoy the views of the river. There will also be guided tours, programs, and vendors along the way.
- June 10 - Mount Joy Cocktail Trail 11am - 4 pm Downtown Mount Joy. How much fun can you have for $40? Enjoy appetizers and cocktails at 6 different restaurants and stop in at other area locations for "mocktails," desserts and other tasting throughout the day. Limited tickets available for purchase at link above. Free early check-in with your ticket on Saturday and 25% off your second night when you book directly with us. Call me at 717-653-4525 for check-in details!
- June 10 - Full Moon Tour at the Wolf Sanctuary 7:30 pm - 10 pm. After you've spent the day wining and dining, come back to the Inn and relax before heading out to the Wolf Sanctuary to enjoy a bonfire, self-guided tours, and entertainment. Guides are posted along the way to tell you about the packs who live there. Book your tickets in advance - $20.
- June 17 - Grandview Vineyards Cornhole Tournament 1 pm. Well, I've never played this, but you and your team can win some great cash prizes and tickets to events! Your $20 registration fee also gives you admission into Cigar Night held at the vineyard following the tournament where you can enjoy cigars, food vendors, music, and wine. What a great day!
- June 18 - Father's Day! Send your dad outta town with a weekend at the Inn and a Bites and Brews Restaurant and Pub Tour. You'll be his favorite kid.
- June 19 - Vince Gill at the American Music Theater 7:30 pm. If you're of the great generation who remembers Pure Prairie League (I know you're singing it right now - "Amie, what you want to do? I think I could say with you for a while maybe longer if I do....."), you'll know that Country Singer Vince Gill got his start there. His credits include 20 Grammys, 18 CMA Awards, and a sale of more than 26 million albums. Tickets are almost sold out at $78.
- June 22-25 - Load up the truck, Jed, we're going out to Adamstown for their Antique Extravaganza ! If you love vintage, antiques, and the stuff that you threw out at a kid but is now worth hundreds of dollars, this is totally the place for you. Lots and lots of shops with specials, extended hours and places to eat along the way. What else can I say?!
- FOURTH OF JULY! Lititz is celebrating its 200th Fourth of July and they're having quite a little party. Most events are free, and there will be fireworks in the evening. Click here for what they have in the works.
Ongoing Summer Events
- Longs Park Summer Music Series - This is an amazing free event on Sundays has music that ranges from IndieRock and Jazz to Orchestra and County. Take a blanket or chairs and snacks, or purchase something delicious from the food trucks.
- Guided Bicycle Tours - With your guide, bike to an Amish farm and join the family for a true farm-to-table dinner that you'll experience nowhere else! You'll need to book at least one week in advance. How much fun is that?! $68.90 per person.
- Grandview Vineyards Wine By The Vine - Music on Fridays from 6 - 8:30, but the vineyard opens at 1pm so you can get in earlier, take a tour and then get a a seat. They always have a food truck and, of course, wine for purchase. Admission is $8.00.
- Hershey Park - Whether you want the park itself, the Boardwalk at Hershey Park, or Zoo America, it's open and only 28 minutes from Olde Square Inn!
Where to Stay
Where do you think?!! Book your room on line or call me directly at 717-653-4525 if you'd like some help. Relax at the pool and take in the sites and the events. Know someone with a summer birthday? People love a night away with an Olde Square Inn Gift Certificate!
Are You Getting Our Newsletter?!
Receive our monthly newsletter to get specials, discounts and Save-the-Date news before anyone else. Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and type in Newsletter. I'll be happy to add you to our mailing list!