January 2, 2020
10 Things To Do in January in Lancaster County
Posted by: Nancy Skee
Are you looking for things to do now that the holidays are over?
I know! You've put away the last of the decorations, thrown out the last Christmas cookie, and finished off the Mimosas. Now what? Life goes on after the celebrations, right? Here are a few things to brighten your January!
1. Jan. 3 - 31 - Bake Seasonal Pastries with a Local Expert. It’s a 2 – 2 ½ hour hands-on experience! Contact me for more information. Fee. (Subject to availability. Not available Sundays and Wednesdays.)
2. Jan. 4 -11 - Visit the 104th Annual Pennsylvania Farm Show. One million things to see, do and eat. There is no admission fee, but you’ll pay to park in the Expo lot. There are also free satellite lots with shuttles.
3. Jan. 14 – Murder on the Orient Express starts in January and runs through February 9 at the Fulton Theater downtown Lancaster. Might want to make you stay off of trains for a while, haha, so after the show try one of the many unique little restaurants nearby instead.
4. Jan. 17 -19 – Riverdance. It’s their 25th anniversary show at the American Music Theater. The music, lights and showmanship is supposed to be amazingly spectacular. This can be a sold out performance, so be sure to get your tickets sooner than later.
5. Jan.18, 19, & 20 – Celebrating Martin Luther King and your long holiday weekend. Did you know Dr. King loved peach cobbler? He said his mama made the best, and that’s one of the delicious desserts we’ll be serving at the Inn this weekend. I'll share our recipe, but only with you.
6. Jan. 21 - 23 – Dancing with the Stars Live at American Music Theater. Tickets required. My sister Jo who had been a dance teacher is coming out to visit and will be sad that she has to leave before this show is onstage. You can see it for her and let her know how it was.
7. Jan. 24 & 25 - Mount Joy Festival of the Arts A free 4th Friday Event in Mount Joy! Downtown business will host artists as serve treats. You’re invited to see handcrafted jewelry, pottery, sculptures, paintings and all things art. Artists will be present and will be happy to talk to you about their techniques and answer any of your arty questions. Stay at the Inn and make it a getaway.
8. Jan. 31 – Mount Hope Estates Murder Mystery Dinner Theater. “A Night in the 1940’s” is an interactive dinner theater - at the same place where they hold the Renn Faire.
9. ONGOING - Uncharted Lancaster. Have you seen this? It’s a cool way to get outside, have some fun and learn a little bit about the past. No fee!!
10. ONGOING - Wine Tasting at Grandview Vineyards in Mount Joy. This is so much fun. They have a regular tasting of several wines, then they also have a tasting paired with cheese and chocolates. When you purchase 3 bottles your regular tasting is free. Totally worth the small fee. There are also events on Friday nights. Check it out.